Well, I was reading in a book about clarifying your purpose and goals in life, so I developed a personal mission statement. Thought I'd post it here for my convenience. Without further adieu, here it is:
The most important treasure in my life is my relationship with Jesus Christ. More than anything, I want to come to the end of my life and hear him say, "Well done, good and faithful servant." I want every area of my life to express love and obedience to His perfect will, serving Jesus joyfully with my time, talents, and resources. I want my relationships with my loved ones to be a clear, constant expression of God's love for them. To these ends, it is essential that I devote myself to time spent in His Holy Word, in fellowship with the Holy Spirit, and to prayer. I will treat my body as a temple of the Holy Spirit, and give it the proper nutrition, rest, and exercise it requires so that I may best be equipped to fulfill God's call on my life.
This is MY Bucket List also, in no particular order:
1.Take a vacation to Hawaii.
2. Take a family vacation to Europe.
3. Travel to the Bahamas.
4. Do a mission trip with each of our kids when they are teenagers.
5. Write a children's book.
6. Pay off the mortgage and be totally debt free and weird.
7. Own a little dog.
8. Learn to snorkel.
9. Learn to ski.
10. Visit Texas.
11. See Teddy Roosevelt's house in New York.
12. Read through the entire Bible in a year.
13. See a Broadway play.
14. Learn to tap dance.
15. Learn to play the violin.
16. Visit China.
17. Give my children a legacy of faithfulness to build their futures upon.
18. Visit Jerusalem and pray at the Wailing Wall.
19. Leave the world better than I found it.